The LRB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Line 6 - Listen to these three speak

Go down

Line 6 - Listen to these three speak Empty Line 6 - Listen to these three speak

Post by HaywardG Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:09 pm

Line 6 - "Listen to these three speak, for each shoulder their own caduceus. " 

So we already know that the three shepherds are Joseph, Mosis, an Aaron as the chapter will later reveal.  

But we are asked to "listen" to them "speak".

I can't help but to think that to "listen" means that we will have to "write down" or "draw" what is being given to us as "instructions".  I have already covered the introduction of a geometric form found through the information given by these Three Shepherds in another section.  My conclusion is that we are creating a geometric shape based on the instructions we are being given through these three characters.  

The results of this can be found in here:  
https://the-lrb.forumotion.com/t23-image-2-the-mount-under-the-divine-truth-swaying-in-the-breath-of-zeus

What I eventually discovered was a hexagram drawn from these instructions.  But the question remaining is whether this hexagram can suffice to explain the tomb seen from "Above, beside, and below"? Does it not seem that the three figures in the second image are supporting the shape of the hexagram from above, beside and below?  Can a hexagram suffice as a tomb in any way, shape, or form?  

Yet the text says we should "listen" or "follow instruction" because each shoulder their own caduceus.  
Of course to "shoulder" means to carry, or to bear the weight of something.  Again, does it not appear that the three figures are holding up or marking the hexagram with their staffs?

Now, in terms of the caduceus, we have much to consider.  In the companion book, there is a section on the caduceus that begins with talk about Hermes/Mercury and traces all the way back to Pythagorean and Platonic schools, as well as Kabbalah and ancient Jewish esoteric tradition.  

But to make things simple, the caduceus is basically understood as the device that helps Hermes travel between the "Three Worlds": Heaven, Earth, and the Underworld/Death/Afterlife.  Should this be understood in the same manner as how the tomb will show us a perspective from "Above, Beside, and Below"?  Do each of these three describe something that travels through the three worlds just as Hermes or Mercury does?  Is it the tilted hexagram that should be described as the tomb that can go from Earth to Heaven or from Earth to the Underworld just like Hermes is able to do?  

This would of course seem to be emphasized by naming each of the three shepherds as "like Hermes" or a "son of Hermes" in the text.

Furthermore, Heaven, Earth, and the Underworld would most certainly describe a "mortal's life" as indicated in the previous line 5.

HaywardG
Admin

https://the-lrb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down