The LRB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Image 3 - David and the symbol of his son's treasure guardian

Go down

Image 3 - David and the symbol of his son's treasure guardian  Empty Image 3 - David and the symbol of his son's treasure guardian

Post by HaywardG Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:05 pm

Now, we are brought to Image #3

I am basing my assumption that the following text is referring to image #3:

"First harken to David the astrologer for as he rests his staff next to his sons he points to the centre of the heavenly spheres and draws their frozen music.  For he is the measure of all things.  The pointing of his hand followed this lost art and to the symbol of his sons treasure guardian.  Even as the Great Tree withers that eternal truth will support its aged frame.  Look at its dead branches like fallen wings.  See no Gardener can use a serpents staff to hold back the vanishing stream Alpheus."

For me the reason to base the image on this text is simple.  There are two figures.  One is "resting" his staff on the ground next to the other.  It speaks of the Great Tree that withers, and there is a withered tree in the image.  Dead branches that look like fallen wings.  There is a figure to the right who stands away from the stream, and holds a staff that is curved over at the end like a serpent.  

This is enough confirming evidence for me to base now the following assumption.

If we take the combined geometry, which was produced by the first and second images, and superimpose this onto Image #3, we see some VERY interesting correspondences emerge.  

Image 3 - David and the symbol of his son's treasure guardian  Image310

Here, if we adjust the positioning of the geometry, we see that the figure who's staff is resting on the ground points directly from the intersection of the hexagram on the lower left towards the center of the square, which is also the apex of the hexagram.  Also, the figure on the right's staff leads directly from the lower right intersection of the hexagram/square/circle and points through another intersection of the hexagram and aligns with the symbol of the sun in the upper left.  

Other correspondences:  The lower, astrological symbol of Earth is crossed by the square while the circle touches its outer edge, the circle passes through the cross portion of the symbol for Mercury, the circle also touches the circle the solar astrological symbol, the square touches the two tips of the moon in the lower left, and one of the hexagram lines passes through the center of the rose.  

The evidence of correspondences is rather strong here.  Is this one of the "four scenes in which the key is hidden"?

HaywardG
Admin

https://the-lrb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down