The LRB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Image 5 - The Serpents and the Staff of Tiresias

Go down

Image 5 - The Serpents and the Staff of Tiresias Empty Image 5 - The Serpents and the Staff of Tiresias

Post by HaywardG Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:28 pm

I'm going to jump ahead for a moment and get to, what I feel, is the next step given the geometry we have seen so far.  

If we recall, in the PDF solution to the Maranatha Puzzle, there is a section that talks about the staff and story of Tiresias, the two serpents, and the golden mean.  The PDFs say that "beyond the value of gold" is a reference to the golden mean, and not just the element of gold.  

If we look at the two serpents on page 13, the two serpents form the shape of two overlaid circles, similar to the Vesica Piscis.  But these two circles are not proportioned in the same way that a normal Vesica Piscis is drawn.  

To find it, we begin by using the same circle as drawn by the Hermes and Time image #1.  
Image 5 - The Serpents and the Staff of Tiresias Hermes10
When we place the circle over Image #5, we see that it is a similar size.
Image 5 - The Serpents and the Staff of Tiresias Snakec10
Then we duplicate the circle to produce another and find how it relates to the image.
Image 5 - The Serpents and the Staff of Tiresias Snakec11

Thus we have a shape that is similar to a Vesica Piscis, yet with different proportions, using the size of the circle as we prescribed by the image of Hermes and Time.  But as we noted in image #1, the circle had a relationship to the square, that was also a copy of what Leonardo's Vitruvian man square and circle suggested.  So the question remains, what happens when we put this all together?  The circle, square, and now the second square?  

I will place the finding of this in the next posting, called "The Key?"

HaywardG
Admin

https://the-lrb.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down